SPRING 2021 WORKSHOP
What An all day photography workshop taught by nature photographer Steven Hunter. Landscape and macro photography will be emphasized.
Time 5 A.M. to 8:30 P.M. The early start time will allow us to meet and greet each other in Charleston, check and set up the controls on our cameras, travel to the prairie, and set up our shots before sunrise at 6:16 A.M.
Where The Cherokee Prairies, near Charleston, Arkansas.
Who Novice to intermediate level photographers, or more advanced photographers seeking to hone their nature photography skills in an outdoor setting. Minimum age is 18.
Size Group is limited to six participants to maximize personal attention.
Topics to be Covered Composition, exposure, shutter speed, focusing issues, panoramic stitching, exposure blending, basics of macro photography, artful blurs, and wide angle close-ups.
1. Camera - DSLR or mirrorless recommended, not Point and Shoots.
2. Cable release
3. Extra batteries.
4. Extra memory cards.
5. Camera's Instruction manual - Study that sucker beforehand!
6. Lenses - I recommend one that will go wide angle and another that will focus close, preferably at least 1/4 life-size. That said, great pictures can be made with whatever lens or lenses you have.
7. Tripod with ball head - Good sturdy ones. The lower the tripod can go the better. Pan/tilt heads or pistol grip heads can be used but are not recommended.
8. Laptop computer - For processing your images from the morning.
Physical Requirements Most of the places I plan for us to take pictures are within 100 yards of parking. Some of the places we may go could be a 15 minute walk over uneven terrain.
1. Long pants - To protect your legs from scratches and for kneeling.
2. Sturdy shoes or boots - To protect your feet and ankles from uneven terrain.
3. Extra socks - The prairie will be wet in the morning so an extra pair to change into will be welcome.
What's Included Workshop instruction, lunch in Charleston, LookingForTheLight T-shirt, water, and snacks.
5:00 A.M. Meet and greet at Charleston Superstop, 321 E. Main Street, Charleston, AR.
Equipment check, breakfast (limited fare can be purchased at the Superstop if you need it), and gasoline if needed.
5:30 A.M. Leave Charleston for prairie.
5:40 A.M. Arrive at prairie, set-up, and take pictures.
6:22 A.M. Sunrise
8:30 A.M. Drive to other prairie to take pictures.
11:00 A.M. Lunch in Charleston provided by me. You will also receive your T-shirts at this time.
12:00 P.M. Meet at Charleston library. Start processing your photos with your laptops.
1:00 P.M. Slide program by Steven (me) with questions and answers.
1:45 P.M. Photoshop Lightroom demonstration on my laptop. 2:30 P.M. Processing your images on your laptop. I will review 5 or 6 of your favorite images from the morning shoot.
4:00 P.M. Break for supper and personal time.
6:00 P.M. Meet at prairie and take pictures.
8:04 P.M. Sunset
8:30 P.M. Break for the day.
Cost $250 if the entire fee is paid in full upon registration, or $50 deposit with $225 payable 30 days prior to workshop.
Cancellation/Refund Policy A $50 administration fee is charged on all cancellations. If your cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to the workshop, your fee will be returned in full minus the administrative fee. If your cancellation is received less than 30 days prior to the workshop, there is no refund.
If Looking For the Light Nature Photography cancels the workshop for any reason a full refund will be provided following cancellation.
Registration Please contact Looking For the Light Nature Photography at [email protected] or call Karen at (479) 806-7676. She will run your debit card and get your phone # and email so that we can contact you. She'll also ask for your shirt size for your LookingForTheLight T-shirt.
A Liability Release Form will be emailed to you for you to sign electronically and send back to us.